Friday 3 May 2024

Day 3 - Dice Goblin and Me

Pick me, Pick me, I’m a Chonky D,

King of all the dice, all agree.

D12, 10, and 6’s have nothing on me.


Critical Success, Nat 20’s are all me,

No fumbles fail, or crit miss sprees.

Oh please, pick me, pick me.


Not broken, like others as you see,

My numbers are clearly, your destiny.

Oh Dice Goblin Mick, Pick me.


No dice jail, only thrones for me,

Never cocked, or thrown, you'll see.

My worst, a dirty 20, guaranteed.


Oh Dice Goblin Mick, choose me,

Though not overly discerning, I agree.

Oh Dice goblin, please, please, pick me.





Some Dice Lingo used/referred to inform the limerick:

A Chonk is a 95mm, 20 Sided Dice.  Designed to make rolls even more epic.
Dice Goblin - A dice goblin is driven by sheer quantity, collecting as many dice as possible with little consideration for their quality or sentimental value. They derive joy from acquiring new dice, often amassing an impressive hoard.
Dice Nicknames - bones, counters, craps, ivories, shakers and tombstones
Broken Dice - A dice with numbers that are illegible or unclear
Dice Jail - Concept used in tabletop roleplaying games such as Dungeons and Dragons (D&D), where dice that roll poorly or cause negative consequences for the player characters are put aside and not used for subsequent rolls.
Rolling a 20 - Critical Success, Crit or ‘Nat 20’
Rolling a 1 - Fumble, Crit Failure or ‘Nat 1’
Rolling Two Two’s - a tutu’s or ballerina’s
Dirty 20 - whenever you get a score of twenty that you didn’t get.


No comments:

Post a Comment